Winter Style Tips- Stay Warm & Stylish
Coat, Charlotte Russe (old) -- Pants, Marshalls -- Boots, Zodiac -- Purse, TJ Maxx -- Necklace, M Renee Design (holiday collection)
Down coats, sweatpants, & UGG boots are all favorite picks when it comes to dressing for comfort and cold weather; but no one can deny how frumpy and dull you often look when wearing them. Now that winter is truly here snow flurries and wind chills are a common thing & this season’s challenge is dressing warm while still looking stylish.
When the first snow hit I was quickly reminded how easy it is to go for the warm & cozy but not so stylish clothing. Though staying warm can make you want to put on your sweatpants and big baggy sweaters and coats, it is possible to look trendy despite the freezing temperatures. Read below to find out how to stay warm while not giving up your style.
1. The first key to looking cute in the cold is to invest in a chic winter coat. Consider your local climate, lifestyle, body type and the wearability of the coat. If you are looking for an everyday coat, consider a pea coat or a classic trench, if you are looking for a statement coat bright colors, big prints and fancy fabrics is the way to go.
2. Don’t forget about your winter accessories! Winter accessories can be a fun addition to your outfit & they’re a perfect way to add color to your winter look. Whether its gloves, scarves, hats etc. it’s easy to stay warm & fashionable with the endless amounts of colors and prints available.
3. Take advantage of the leather/faux leather trend (especially with pants). I talked about how trendy faux leather is here & how it is now showing up on all types of clothing. Leather pants and leggings are especially in style right now & as an added bonus they keep you warm and are as comfortable as sweatpants. (Side note-For anyone who is hesitant about the leather legging trend due to lack of support, I found faux leather control top “shaping” leggings here).
4. Don’t forget to layer- Layering is an essential key to staying warm in the winter so keep handy plenty of long sleeve shirts, tights, button down shirts, a pair of knee high boots and vests so you can layer your looks with warmth.
5. Embrace other trendy winter fabrics- fur/faux fur, cable knit, cashmere and wool are all trendy warm fabrics for sweaters, tights, coats, pants and winter accessories.
As you can see, staying warm does not mean you have to give up your sense of style & cold weather does not mean you have to sacrifice looking cute. How do you stay stylish when it’s cold out? Let me know in the comments below.