Spring Wardrobe Essentials
Coat, Macy's (similar here) -- Shirt, Gap (similar here)-- Jeans, Forever 21(similar here) -- Shoes, Charles David -- Clutch, Marshalls -- Necklace, M Renee Design -- Sunglasses, ASOS
After one of the coldest winters on record in the last 100 years spring has finally arrived and I have never been so excited to throw all my scarves, boots and faux fur to the back of the closet! If you've been reading my posts through the everlasting winter season you'll know by now that I’m not a fan of the cold so I'm glad to finally peel off some layers & talk warm weather fashion.
1. A light coat or jacket - For the cold early morning temperatures or the wet and rainy days, a light coat is a necessity. Think trench coat, leather jacket or any other light material that won’t be too hot. Click here for a link to some stylish coat options at Nordstrom that are spring approved.
2. Whites & brights- I love white in year round as I talked about in this post, but the spring and summer are perfect for a clean white dress, jeans or blazer. And although white is one of my favorite warm weather colors what better way to brighten up a rainy spring day than patterns and colors that are bright and bold.
3. Denim shirt/jacket- The denim shirt (often called a chambray shirt) has become one of the most popular styles currently in women’s fashion. They are sold everywhere and are paired with everything: skirts, jeans, under cardigans, with dress pants, shorts etc. The possibilities are endless so if versatility is your thing, make sure you have one, or a few. Click here for a cute collection and where to buy them.
4. Jewelry!! One of the most annoying things about winter is that your jewelry gets lost in all the layers. Coats cover up necklaces and scarves & hats cover up earrings, long sleeves cover up bracelets etc. so spring is the perfect time to start showing off your jewelry. A statement piece of jewelry can take your outfit from boring to stunning so this spring don’t leave home without a necklace, some earrings or a bracelet to jazz up your outfit! Click here to check out some of the new statement jewelry at M Renee Design.
5. Sunglasses. Yes sunglasses are good to keep sun out of your eyes but recently they have become more of a fashion statement more than anything else. Since you can often get them pretty
cheap you can mix and match them with your outfits & they're great for those days when you want to go sans makeup & still look chic. Check out some stylish sunglasses here.
6. Metallic shoe- metallic is the new neutral so whether it's gold, silver, copper or rose gold, metal toned shoes are replacing the boring black & brown options seen before. Not only do they match with pretty much anything but it's a great way to compliment your metal jewelry with coordinating shoes.
You’ve read just a few of my favorite pieces for spring, for an all inclusive list click here to check out one of my favorite websites that shows everything else you will need for this season. Let me know about your favorite spring essential in the comments!