Sweater Weather- 8 tips to style your sweaters this season
---- SWEATER, Khols (similar here) & (here) -- SKIRT, Target (similar here) -- SHOES, Steve Madden (similar here) & (here) -- SHIRT, Forever 21 (similar here) -- CLUTCH, (similar here) -- NECKLACE, M Renee Design ----
Its often said that beauty and fashion are pain so when you find a trend that’s not only stylish but comfortable it becomes a must have for your wardrobe. By far the most comfortable yet stylish piece of clothing this season is the sweater. Not only do sweaters give you an incredibly cozy feeling to fend out the low temperatures but they also come in so many fashion forward styles that it’s hard not to stock up on them this time of year.
A fall and winter staple, sweaters are trendier than ever and are no longer just for teachers and ugly sweater parties. Major designers like Marc Jacobs and Michael Kors have even incorporated them in their runway looks this season and paired them with everything from skirts, dresses, jeans and even shorts. So, how do you style this popular staple? Check out 10 tips below to help you master sweater weather.
1. Long chunky sweaters look best when you pair them with fitted bottoms. So stick to skinny jeans, leggings or any pair of pants that fits your legs well. This will balance out your look and give a nice contrast to all the volume on your top half.
|Photo Cred- Fashion Hippie Loves|
2. As shown above, when wearing long sweaters with skirts, pair it with a shorter (knee or above) skirt. A long skirt with a long sweater can make your figure look “lost” in your clothing.
3. For a casual sweater look, pair your favorite sweater, jeans and flat knee boots. This is the easiest combination for comfort and style.
4. Cardigans are the perfect office appropriate sweater and go with everything from skirts to dress pants. Take a tip from Michelle Obama who loves a cardigan sweater and frequently wears them with dresses.
|Photo Cred- Pinterest|
5. Don’t be afraid of turtlenecks. Turtlenecks have made a huge comeback in the past few years but there is a significant difference in the turtlenecks from the 90’s compared to the current style of turtlenecks. The fit is different so toss out any of your old school turtlenecks and invest in the new sleeker fit turtleneck styles that are currently sold.
|photo cred- Nordstrom|
6. Layering is perfect with sweaters for a clean preppy look. But be sure to avoid the dated turtleneck & sweater combination. A basic tee or a button up shirt is perfect for layering underneath a sweater.
|photo cred- jillpineda.blogspot.com|
7. Pair a skinny belt with a long sweater to get an hourglass silhouette.
8. Don’t forget your accessories. A sweater is the perfect background for a statement necklace.
Hope these tips help you create your perfect sweater themed look. What's your favorite way to wear sweaters? Let me know in the comments.