5 Must Have Winter Boots
---- DRESS, Forever 21(similar here) -- BLAZER, old (similar here) -- BOOTS, Zooshoo (similar here) & (here) -- PURSE, Alice & Olivia (similar here) -- SCARF, Nordstrom Rack (similar here) -- EARRINGS, M Renee Design ---
Just like the theory that no parent should have a favorite child that’s always how I felt about my shoe collection… until I found these over the knee boots & absolutely fell in love! Perfect with jeans, skirts, dresses and warm enough to take me through winter, these boots are my “must have” this season. If you have been keeping up with the weather recently you’ll know that old man winter came early & with arctic temperatures that made me miss those long summer days.
As a summer baby I often go through winter denial but as the first snowfall hit and reality set in, I decided I was going to face this winter with a smile & in style- starting with my boot collection. When it comes to style its known that the wrong pair of shoes can mess up your whole look. And although the temperatures are frigid, wearing UGGS everyday is a sure sign of throwing in the towel when it comes to staying stylish. So, I have 5 boot below that will keep you keep you looking chic and warm until spring and beyond. Here’s a round up of what I call the must-have boots for this winter season.
1. Over The Knee Boot a.k.a. the OTK boot- by far My favorite boot trend, not only do these boots add an extra layer of warmth for the winter, but they are also surprisingly versatile. Since they go up higher than your normal knee boot it makes it easier and warmer to wear with skirts and dresses. (Perfect for all of us that hate wearing stockings too). They are also extra warm when worn over jeans or pants and can be dressed up or down. Well worth the investment to keep me warm and stylish for the next few months.
2. The Bootie a.k.a. The Ankle Boot- The ankle boot is a great option for the varying temperatures we often see in the Midwest. They are perfect for cold days in the winter with jeans or pants and they can also transition into spring & be worn with a dress or even shorts. So think of these as winter shoes that can also be worn into spring. See how I styled my favorite booties here.
3. The Casual Flat Boot- Though these boots aren’t as exciting as the others they are a definite essential for your winter closet. A great boot to wear on the weekends when running errands & a lifesaver when your feet need a break from heels. These boots give you the comfort of tennis shoes with the classic style of a heel.
4. Peep Toe Boots or Snow Boots- if you live in a warm climate Peep toe boots are a great way to wear boots even when it’s warm out. For all the West coast or down south fashionistas that rarely see snow or temps below 50 degrees, a peep toe boot is the perfect boot for you. It gives you winter style with a summer twist that you can wear all year round.
Now for all of us that live in places where snow storms and freezing temps are our reality, having snow boots are crucial. Perfect for those blizzard days or just commuting to work they are often known to be bulky & ugly but I found some cute options here.
5. The Statement Boot- It’s always good to have a fun addition to your closet when it comes to your shoe collection. The winter wardrobe can often be considered boring so whether it’s a unexpected print or a bright color, make sure you throw some fun in your winter shoe choices. I love a statement pair of shoes because it completes an outfit without a lot of work. Jeans + a regular shirt + statement boot = instant stylish winter outfit for any occasion.
This list will keep you prepared through whatever weather and occasion your winter season brings. Snow, wind, work, date night, holiday parties and any other occasion you can think of. As you can see I'm loving my OTK boots and will be wearing them every chance I get so what boots have you fallen in love with this season? Let me know in the comments.