5 Ways to dress up Jeans & a T Shirt
---- JACKET, Marshalls (similar here) & (here) -- TURTLENECK, H & M -- BEANIE, Calvin Klein (similar here) -- JEANS, Nordstrom Rack (similar here) -- SHOES, DSW (similar here) -- CLUTCH, old (similar here) -- BRACELETS, M RENEE DESIGN ----
Somewhere between your sweaters, work clothes and shoe collection is the classic all American closet staple of jeans and a t shirt. Though every woman’s wardrobe & lifestyle are different, jeans and a t shirt are two constants I can guarantee all of our closets have in common.
During the summer a fitted shirt and jeans were my perfect no hassle outfit for days that didn’t require too much styling and now that it’s winter I have swapped my fitted tee out for a basic turtleneck from I found at H&M. Though jeans and a basic shirt are often the typical casual outfit and are perfect for a quick run to Starbucks, they can also be dressed up to transition to more upscale occasions… think dates, a night out or even a business function. Use the 5 tips below to dress up your boring jeans & a basic shirt.
- Layer. When I paired my turtleneck & jeans with a faux fur it totally changed the look. You can achieve this too by adding a blazer or any other type of fancy jacket or shirt. Layering is often associated with winter, but even in the summer a vest or sleeveless blazer can be added to give you a classy look.
- Accessorize. Accessories are perfect for dressing up a casual outfit. Use statement jewelry, hats and scarves to transition from boring to chic.
- Add some Luxe. [Luxe- expensive and of high quality; luxurious]. Adding some lace, fur/faux fur, or any other type of fancy fabric will always dress up your jeans. Don’t be afraid to mix something elegant with something casual.
- Your shoes matter! There is nothing that can change your whole look more than the right or wrong pair of shoes. If you are upgrading your jeans & a t shirt look your shoe choice is important. Stick with heels or a decorative flat & stay away from tennis shoes/flip flops or any causal footwear.
- Add some color and/or Prints. When all else fails, focus on adding some color and/or prints to your look. Whether it’s a printed coat or a swipe of red lipstick, color automatically upgrades your look and makes it more glamorous.