How to Transition you Wardrobe from Summer to Fall
---SHIRT, local boutique (similar here) - SCARF, Target (similar here) - JEANS, Nordstrom Rack (similar here) - SHOES, vintage (similar here) - EARRINGS M Renee Design ---
1. Figure out the in between pieces- In between pieces are items of clothing that can be worn when the weather is changing. Things like quarter length sleeve shirts, cardigans and button up shirts are items that can be worn in between summer & fall. These items don’t need to be packed away just yet & you can get a lot of wear out of them before the temperatures drop too low.
2. Edit last years fall items- last year’s fall jackets or pants may not be in season anymore, they may be in bad condition or unfortunately may no longer fit. Before filling your closet with last years fall items, make sure all of them are clothes you will actually be wearing.
3. Save your sleeveless shirts for layering- sleeveless shirts aren’t typically what we think of when we think fall clothing; but they make the perfect undergarment for layering cardigans, sweaters or long sleeve dresses. Keep a few around for these purposes.
4. Invest in a few scarves- A scarf can be worn many ways (see here) & is the perfect addition to add to summer pieces. It gives you an automatic fall look & serves as an extra layer for warmth. In the pictures, I wore mine as a turban, but it can be worn around your neck & even as a sweater substitute. (see here)
5. Pull out your boots a little early- The transition time between summer & fall is the perfect time to rock your boots. Ankle boots are especially perfect for this time of year because you can wear a skirt or dress from summer & pair it with boots without having to wear tights or stockings yet.
6. Speaking of skirts or dresses... pair your summer ones with a blazer, jean jacket or sweater & you can wear them through fall.
7. Add Fall colors into your wardrobe- Instead of bright blue, incorporate navy blue...instead of purple try plum or instead of yellow try mustard. These colors can easily be added to your outfits with accessories like jewelry, hats or shoes.
With these tips you can smoothly transition your wardrobe into fall this year. Let me know any other wardrobe transition tips you may have.
Don't forget to follow my style journey on social media: