Confessions of a Fashion & Style Blogger
Glasses- Zero UV
So, usually I fill my blog posts with fashion tips & tricks, how to wear this & that... but today is different. I'm getting a little personal today & giving you an inside look on this blogging thing. I absolutely love it, but it's not always easy & glamorous. Just in case you thought you knew how this works, I'm pretty sure you will be surprised by my list of 10 things I reveal about blogging. So, here it goes...
1. Most of my clothes I get on sale... I am a certified sale seeker! I don't like to spend lots of money on clothes, but I like to buy a lot of clothes; so the only way I can do this is by catching a sale. When I pay full price over $50 I feel like i got cheated because I will gladly stalk an item & wait for it to go on sale.
2. I run out of topics sometimes. Blogger confession- coming up with new fashion & style topics is sometimes hard. Sometimes it feels as though I have covered every trend or fashion topic out there. Now I understand why some bloggers just post pictures; but don't worry, I still love to teach fashion concepts so I'll find a way to remix an old topic or think of a new one for you all.
3. I have a full time job... for now. I still work full time, so blogging gets done in my free time. That means taking pictures, editing pictures, writing blogs, sending out emails etc. is done after my 40 hour a week job. Lots of work, but I love it!
4. There's lots of pressure to never have an off day. As a style blogger, fashionista & stylist I can never be seen in sweats, or anything else that's fashionably unacceptable. The time it takes me to put together outfits can get out of control sometimes, but I love that it always pushes me to look my best EVERYDAY!
5. I don't always wear heels. I love flats just like everyone else. There's a myth that fashion and style bloggers always wear heels because we are almost always in them in pictures on the blog. Truth be told, heels just look better on camera, but I have an epic flat collection that I wear all the time.
6. Social Media is a beast to keep up with. Most of us style bloggers are all about our social media. Between Instagram (Dont forget to follow me), Facebook (join my free facebook group), Pinterest, Snap Chat etc. I am swamped with pumping out content. And because each platform likes different things & operates differently shared messages often don't work. I am a social media machine..Good thing I enjoy it 😊
7. I take my own pictures. Gasp... Every time I tell someone this they are completely shocked. I know, it sounds crazy but many bloggers do it. It can sometimes be easier & a lot cheaper than having a photographer. (bet you didn't know that)
8. Some things don't make it to the blog. Whether I didn't like the outfit, or weather ruined my photo shoot, some pictures just stay on my computer. Unfortunately, not everything is blog worthy in my eyes, so all the bad pics and not so fly outfits get kept in a safe never to see the light of day again,
9. I am more than a blogger. I am so much more than the blog itself. I think of the blog as your introduction to me. Once you get to know more about me you will find out I do wardrobe consultations, host fashion workshops & do makeovers on the side.
10. I really do enjoy your input! One thing I wish I had more of- input from the readers! I read every comment & really enjoy hearing what you like to read about regarding fashion. So, drop a comment below & let me know how you enjoyed this post.